Aitken Innovations (AI):
Introduction to Truss Technology
A truss is a structure that consists of members organised into connected triangles so that the overall assembly behaves as a single object. Trusses are most commonly used in bridges, roofs and towers.
A truss is made up of a web of triangles joined together to enable the even distribution of weight and the handling of changing tension and compression without bending or shearing. The triangle is geometrically stable when compared to a four (or more) -sided shape which requires that the corner joints are fixed to prevent shearing.
Trusses consist of triangular units constructed with straight members. The ends of these members are connected at joints, known as nodes. They are able to carry significant loads, transferring them to supporting structures such as load-bearing beams, walls or the ground.
In general, trusses are used to:
Achieve long spans.
Minimise the weight of a structure.
Support heavy loads.
Trusses are typically made up of three basic elements:
A top chord which is usually in compression.
A bottom chord which is usually in tension.
Bracing between the top and bottom chords.
The top and bottom chords of the truss provide resistance to compression and tension and so resistance to overall bending, whilst the bracing resists shear forces.
The efficiency of trusses means that they require less material to support loads compared with solid beams. Generally, the overall efficiency of a truss is optimised by using less material in the chords and more in the bracing elements.
The Revolution of Aitken Frame Truss Houses
Aitken Innovations® is leading an industry revolution with our Aitken Frame System™. We’ve taken an established, universally accepted construction methodology and unlocked its potential. Our patented systems empower truss fabricators to become complete building producers, providing fully engineered, high-strength, low-cost, advanced building systems for and within their local communities. The traditional process, where fabricators sell through their local building supplier/supply stores remains unaltered. Without modifying their existing software, supply chain or distribution channels fabricators of the Aitken Frame System™, can enable local merchants to greatly expand their market presence by providing our advanced frame building system to their existing network of Architects, Builders, Clients, Designers, Engineers and Government.
We’re committed to the educating networks of Architects, Builders, Clients, Designers, Engineers, Fabricators & Governments as to how our innovation-driven system is easily integrated into their existing economy. Capitalizing on how the system increases build speed, quality, sustainability, availability and affordability, adoption of the Aitken Frame System™ during the design stage can open unlimited possibilities. Sale and distribution through local merchants ensures accessibility and attainability for each community, increasing the livability of communities, growth and sustainability of local economies and the eradication of housing insecurity.
On a global scale, Aitken Innovations® patented systems…
- Empowers construction professionals and suppliers to utilize their knowledge skills thoroughly, and creativity to the fullest, to do their best work and push the limits of what's possible;
- Increases the market share for established fabricators and dramatically increases their range of product offerings
- Is ideal for the development of low-density, sustainable and efficient housing, classrooms, offices or studios, etc.;
- Enables governments to reduce the vulnerability of their communities and create achievable housing policies;
- Enables homeowners the access to high-quality, high-efficiency homes that fit their lifestyle at an attainable, fixed price without compromise;
- Increases the economic development opportunities of communities focused on the growth and sustainability of local economies and the health and well‐being of citizens